2002 Focus Group Results
In March 2002, Dr. Wen-fei Uva, Department of Applied Economics and Management at Cornell University, conducted a focus group study of beach plum products. Key conclusions include:
Dr. Wen-fei Uva
Read the full report.
- Market expansion potential exists for beach plum products among gourmet consumers in coastal metropolitan areas.
- Packaging with price is the primary marketing tool to communicate that beach plum products are gourmet, giftable and otherwise special.
- Gourmet jams and jellies are purchased from various independent stores or farm markets and not from supermarkets.
- Jams or jellies made with cultivated beach plums will not impede consumers' interests in trying the product.
- Consumers' interests in beach plum presented market opportunities for new product development.
Beach plum products used at the focus group session.